Internet Hunt

Hallo!

Da der Internet Hunt (eine Art Internet-Kreuzwortraetsel mit Gewinn-
ausschuettung) in dieser Liste kuerzlich mal erwaehnt wurde, hier nun
10 definitiv plausible Gruende, NICHT mitzumachen:

from publib ...
In keeping with proper canonical form in ripping off Letterman, here
are my top ten reasons for not joining the Publib Internet Hunt Team.

Please hold your applause until the end.

Thank You.

    TOP 10 REASONS I WON'T BE JOINING THE PUBLIB INTERNET HUNT TEAM

10. Sure, this time your the hunter, next time you may wind up as
    THE PREY!

9.  Too busy trying to decide whether the people who come into my
    library should be called "patrons" or "customers."

8.  Sickened and repulsed by eye-gouging, ear-twisting tactics of
    Team Panix goons.

7.  My library pays me to play Game-Boy all day, not screw around
    with this Internet stuff.

6.  After the last Hunt I joined, I was out of work for six weeks
    due to technostress.

5.  Don't want to relive trauma of being picked last for Internet
    Hunt teams as a child.

4.  Hunt questions might require me to telnet to a site in Cincinnati.

3.  Don't really give a rat's ass where the Japanese-language editions
    of FINS are archived.

2.  I'd love to join your little Hunt thingy, but I'm going to a soiree
    at Barry Mills' house with Mick, Liz, Madonna and the gang.

and the number one answer...

1. With all of these Internet Hunts that have been going on, there are
   fewer than 500 breeding pairs left in the wild -- and I sure don't
   call joining a bunch of blood-soaked drunken librarians cruising
   around with a dead Internet tied to the front of their pick-up
   a SPORT!

Larry Gainor
<lgainor _at__ starbase.neosoft.com>