[Fwd: The New Athenaeum - Indexing Internet Resource Guides by Li

Hallo Liste,

noch ist dieses interessante Angebot, auf das in DIGLIB-L hingewiesen
wurde, recht mager. Vielleicht sollten diejenigen, welche
Internet-Dienste erstellen, etwas dafuer tun, dass es sich fuellt?

MfG

Juergen Plieninger

--- Begin Message ---
Dear DIGLIB List Members,

I have recently established on-line The New Athenaeum,
a global depository for Internet Resource Guides
developed and maintained by librarians and libraries
all over the world.  This metaguide, is in its first phase
of URL gathering and index-building, and it is exclusive
to guides created by the library community for the
broader benefits of patrons and users worldwide.

For more on this initiative, the mission statement,
guidelines, the submission form to add your IRGs to
the metaguide and more, please visit the web site at

          http://members.spree.com/athenaeum

Please pass this URL along to any colleagues who may
not have access to this list.

Your comments, questions, and suggestions are most
welcome.  Please respond off-list.  Due to a constrained
schedule, I may not be able to get back to you
immediately.  I thank you in advance for your support
and enthusiasm.

Take care.

Yours,

Robert J. Tiess
Founder of The New Athenaeum
http://members.spree.com/athenaeum
rjtiess _at__ juno.com

-

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Sun Microsystems will have a booth at the International Federation
of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) Conference in Amsterdam,
August 16-19.  In addition, some of Sun's library partners will also be
exhibiting: ExLibris, Endeavor, Sirsi, VTLS, OVID, GEAC, Pica,
SilverPlatter, etc.

Sun is sponsoring the Internet Cafe. IFLA attendees can use Sun's Network
Computers (JavaStations) to access the Internet.

Sun is hosting a reception in our booth August 17, 16.30 - 17.30 hrs.

--- End Message ---