Re: Paying for printouts from PCs PERSONAL!!

>From misc _at__ zb2.ub.uni-dortmund.de Wed Feb  4 05:36:58 1998
>From: STEF <SHUNDSBE _at__ fs1.li.man.ac.uk>
>To: Internet in Bibliotheken <INETBIB _at__ ub.uni-dortmund.de>
>Subject: Re: Fwd: Paying for printouts from PCs
>Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 13:29:38 GMT
>Sender: Maiser _at__ zb.ub.uni-dortmund.de
>
>Hello everybody,
>
>I'm not sure if this is supposed to go to the list, but since I
>haven't got Mr Boughey's email-address I'll send it anyway.
>

>> > Does anyone operate an automated printing system, i.e. one where
users
>> > DON'T have to give their money to staff?
>> > I know there's one at Manchester Metropolitan University (they're
>> > probably quite common in academic libraries) where they have a
networked
>> > printer with a dedicated printer control PC.  You highlight the
print
>> > job and pay by putting a pre-paid card in the slot.
>> > Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.
>> > Bury Reference & Information Services
>> > Alan Boughey, Reference & Information Services Librarian
>> > Central Library, Manchester Road, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 0DG.
>> > Tel. 0161 - 253 6047  Fax. 0161 - 253 5857
>
>The John Rylands University Library at the Victoria University of
>Manchester has an automated printing system. All the printers are
>connected to the network and to readers' print accounts. A print
>account works almost like a normal bank account. When opening such
>print account, the reader has to pay in some money. Every time he or
>she clicks the print button, the amount is deducted from the account.
>
>That way staff is only involved when the account is first opened.
>The readers don't need to contact a member of staff if they want to
>pay more money into their account. That is done automatically via a
>touch-screen machine.
>It seems to be working very well and the readers seem to like it.
>
>I hope that's helpful.
>Any more questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
>
>Best wishes,
>
>Stefanie Hundsberger
>John Rylands University Library of Manchester
>Manchester
>England

This is a message to Stefanie Hundsberger

Dear Mrs. Hundsberger,

It gets closer to the end of my time as a student of library sience,
I will have to write my "Diplom-Arbeit" about 40 pages.
I am very interesting in writing about the history of the
John Rylands Library. Is it possible to get any addresses (e-mail, and
normal onces) to get any information etc.?

Best regards

Anna Rohleder

arohleder _at__ hotmail.com

Student of Library sience Cologne