(Fwd) Smilies et Abrevia "la totale" ou presque!

Hallo,
mit den besten Wuenschen fuers Wochenende ein paar Tips zur
E-Mail-Gestaltung, aus einer franzoesischen Liste.
Viel Spass beim Lesen und besten Gruesse,
Thomas Hilberer
P.S. Richtige Bibliothekare lachen nie und finden so'was Vergeudung
von Netzressourcen!

:-)  = smile
   :-*  = kiss
   :-X  = my lips are sealed
   :-|  = indifferent
   :'(  = crying
   0:-) = angel
   :->  = biting sarcastic smile    >;-> = devilish wink
   :-D = laughing smile`
   ;-) = wink
   :-P = blah [slip of the tongue
   :-( = frown
   :-o = oh!
   >:-> = devil
    >;-> = devilish wink

 In addition to faces, the following symbols express emotions
   and/or actions:

\\//_     = Vulcan salute
\o/       = Praise the Lord, pray, whatever...
->>>>--   = Feather=just teasing, tickling

()        = Cuddling  (example:  ((((John)))) John is being sent
                       cuddles by the user.)

{}        = Hug  (example: {{{Jane}}} Jane is being sent hugs by
                  the user.)

<>        = Making Love
><        = Opposite of above - not to be used in polite company
 _at__ -`-,--   = A rose for you (this one even has thorns!)...

   Also, users can use shorthand (or abbreviations) of commonly
   used expressions:

   AFK    = away from keyboard
   J/K  = Just Kidding
   BAK    = back at keyboard
   LOL = Laughing Out Loud
   BBL    = Be Back Later
    NIFOC = Nude In Front Of Computer
   CUL8er = See you Later
   OIC = Oh I See
   BRB    = be right back
    PU = That Stinks!
   BTW    =  By The Way...
   ROTFL  = Rolling On The Floor Laughing
   DITYID = Did I Tell You I'm Distressed?
   GMTA   =  Great Minds Think Alike
   GTRM   =  Going To Read Mail
   SOL    = You're Out of Luck (or Smiling Out Loud)
   Txs    = Thanks or Texas
   BFD    = Big Deal!  I'm not impressed...
   WGFF?  = Who Gives A Flying Flood?
            (a different way of saying "I don't care")
Note:  Lots of these smilies can be typed without noses
       to make midget smilies:

:)   = Midget smilie                        :}   = Sheepish smilie
:>   = Impish smilie                        :(   = Sad
: _at__    = look at my tonsils!                  :{   = pout
:D   = Laughter                             :[   = Real Downer
:I   = Hmmm...                              :<   = disappointed
:O   = Yelling                              :,(  = Crying
:C   = jutting lower lip pout               |I   = Asleep
:Q   = shouting with a cold sore            |^o  = Snoring
[]   = Hugs and ...                         :*   = Kisses
:]   = Gleep...friendly midget smilie who'll gladly be your friend.
=)   and  8)   = Variations on a theme
   Plus, you can offer someone a drink:

   |_|}  = cup of coffee (or other beverage)
   >-I   = martini glass
   _}]   = beer mug                      ]-|   = champagne glass
   )-I   = wine glass                    }-I   = margarita glass
Animals:
   :V    = woodpecker
    )    = Cheshire cat.
   3:-o  = cow
~~~~8}   = snake
   8:]   = a gorilla
   8)    = a frog
   B)    = a frog who is wearing sunglasses
   8P    = a bullfrog and it's mating season
   8b    = ditto
   |)    = a salamander
   :8)   = a pig
   3:-o  = a cow
   :3-<  = a dog
   pp#   = a cow
   pq`#' = a bull
  Famous people faces:

  +O:-)    = the Pope
  C=:-)    = the Galloping Gourmet
  =):-)    = Uncle Sam
  =|:-)    = Abe Lincoln
   4:-)    = George Washington
   5:-)    = Elvis Presley
   7:-)    = Fred Flintstone
           = Helen Keller
    :/7)   = Cyrano de Bergerac
   >:*)    = Bozo the Clown
    #:o+=  = Betty Boop
   _:^)    = an Indian
   >>-O->  = Gen. Custer
   8(:-)   = Walt Disney
    7:^)   = Ronald Reagan
   If the medium supports the Apple option-key characters, you can
   have the following faces:

   :-ue  = user is a lawyer
   :-stlg  = English banker
   :-c  = penny pincher
   :-florin  = tongue-tied
   :-  = one heck of a cold sore!
   :-  = licking upper lip in anticipation or satisfaction
   :-*  = woah!
   :--  = ooh!
   :-,  = mouth is wired shut!
   :-<<  = debonair moustache
   :-?  = confused in Spanish
  :-%  = hare lip
  :-x  = open-mouthed kiss
  :-_  = monster frown
  :-c  = unhappy cuz of double chin
  :-E  = talking sideways
  :-~)  = runny nose
  :-^2  = wishy washy smile
  :-e  = eck!
  :-`  =  Vampire with thick upper lip
   Here are tons more faces:

(-:    = User is left handed
%-)    = Been staring at green screen for 15 hours straight
:*)    = Drunk (hiccup!)
[:]    = User is a robot
8-)    = User is wearing sunglasses
B:-)   = Sunglasses on head
::-)   = User wears normal glasses
B-)    = User wears horn-rimmed glasses
8:-)   = User is a little girl
:-{)   = User has a mustache
:-{}   = User wears lipstick
{:-)   = User wears a toupee
}:-(   = Toupee in an updraft
:-[    = User is a Vampire
:-E    = Bucktoothed vampire
:-F    = Bucktoothed vampire with one tooth missing
:-7    = User just made a wry statement
:-*    = User just ate something sour
:-)~   = User drools
:-~)   = User has a cold
:'-(   = User is crying
:'-)   = User is so happy, s/he is crying
:- _at__     = User is screaming
:-#    = User wears braces
:^)    = User has a broken nose
:v)    = User has a broken nose, but it's the other way
:_)    = User's nose is sliding off of his face
:<)    = User is from an Ivy League School
:-&    = User is tongue tied.
=:-)   = User is a hosehead
-:-)   = User is a punk rocker
-:-(   = (real punk rockers don't smile)
:=)    = User has two noses
+-:-)  = User is the Pope or holds some other religious office
`:-)   = User shaved one of his eyebrows off this morning
,:-)   = Same thing...other side
|-I    = User is asleep
|-O    = User is yawning/snoring
:-Q    = User is a smoker
:-?    = User smokes a pipe
O-)    = Megaton Man On Patrol!  (or else, user is a scuba diver)
O :-)  = User is an angel (at heart, at least)
:-P    = Nyahhhh!
:-S    = User just made an incoherent statement
:-D    = User is laughing (at you!)
:-C    = User is really bummed
:-/    = User is skeptical
C=:-)  = User is a chef
 _at__ =     = User is pro-nuclear war
*<:-)  = User is wearing a Santa Claus Hat
:-o    = Uh oh!  (8-o  It's Mr. Bill!
*:o)   = And Bozo the Clown!
3:]    = Pet smilie
3:[    = Mean Pet smilie
d8=    = Your pet beaver is wearing goggles and a hard hat.
=:H    = What a cute rabbit!
E-:-)  = User is a Ham radio operator
:-9    = User is licking his/her lips
%-6    = User is braindead
[:-)   = User is wearing a walkman
(:I    = User is an egghead
<:-I   = User is a dunce
K:P    = User is a little kid with a propeller beenie
 _at__ :-)   = User is wearing a turban
:-0    = No Yelling!  (Quiet Lab)
:-:    = Mutant Smilie
       = The invisible smilie
.-)    = User only has one eye
,-)    = Ditto...but he's winking
X-(    = User just died
8 :-)  = User is a wizard
:-`  = smiley spitting out its chewing tobacco
:-1  = smiley bland face
:-!  = smiley bland face with a cold sore
:-#|  = smiley face with bushy mustache
:-$   = smiley face with it's mouth wired shut
:-%   = smiley banker
:-6   = smiley after eating something sour
:^)   = smiley with pointy nose (righty)
:-7   = smiley after a wry statement
8-)   = smiley swimmer
:-*   = smiley after eating something bitter
:-&   = smiley which is tongue-tied
{:-)  = smiley with its hair parted in the middle
}:-)  = above in an updraft
:-a   = lefty smilely touching tongue to nose
:-s   = smiley after a BIZARRE comment
:-d   = lefty smiley razzing you
g-)   = smiley with ponce-nez glasses
:-j   = left smiling smilely
:-k   = beats me, looks like something, tho.
:-v   = talking head smiley
:-o   = smiley singing national anthem
:-p   = smiley sticking its tongue out (at you!)
0-)   = smiley cyclops (scuba diver?)
:-=)  = older smiley with mustache
:u)   = smiley with funny-looking left nose
:n)   = smiley with funny-looking right nose
:-q   = smiley trying to touch its tongue to its nose
=:-(  = frowning punk-rocker (real punk rockers don't smile)
=:-)  = smiley punk-rocker
      = smiley invisible man
(:-)  = smiley big-face
):-(  = unsmiley big-face
):-)  =        "
)O-)  = scuba smiley big-face
:-e   = disappointed smiley
:-t   = cross smiley
:-i   = semi-smiley
:-[   = Un-smiley blockhead
+:-)  = smiley priest
:-{   = variation on a theme
:-]   = smiley blockhead
:-}   = ditto
:-0   = smiley orator
:-l   = y. a. s.
:-:   = mutant smiley
:-\   = Undecided smiley
.-]   = one-eyed smilely
:-|   = "have an ordinary day"
:-?   = smilely smoking a pipe
;-)   = winking smiley
,-}   = wry and winking
:-<   = real sad smiley
:<    = midget unsmiley
:->   = y.a.s.
:v)   = left-pointing nose
:-z   = y.a.c.s.
:-b   = left-pointing tongue
:-c   = bummed out smiley
:-/   = lefty undecided smiley
:-)   = ha ha
|-P   = yecch
~~:-( = net.flame
:-}   = beard
|-)   = hee hee
:-{   = mustache
O |-) = net.religion
 :-#   = braces
|-D   = ho ho
:-X   = bow tie
:->   = hey hey
:-Q   = smoker
8 :-I = net.unix-wizards
<:I   = dunce
:-(   = boo hoo
(:I   = egghead
X-(   = net.suicide
 _at__ :I   = turban
:-I   = hmm
8-)   = glasses
E-:-I = net.ham-radio
B-)   = horn-rims
:-O   = Uh oh
 8:-)   = glasses on forehead
>:-I  = net.startrek
3:o[   = net.pets
>:-<  = mad
:-    = Male
:-(   = Drama
>-   = Female
:-)   = Comedy
|-O=    = Birth
:-o   = Surpise
8-#   = Death
8-|   = Suspense
8   = Infinity
:-8(  = condescending stare

}:^#})  = mega-smiley:  updrafted bushy-mustached pointy-nosed
                        smiley with a double-chin.

C=}>;*{))   = Ultra-Mega-Smilie...
              A drunk, devilish chef with a toupee in an
              updraft, a mustache, and a double chin.
Smilie Faces collected by AFL TracyP:

   :-(*)   = sick of recent netnews and is about to barf
   [:|]    = a robot (or other appropriate AI project)
   :>)       submitter has a big nose
   :<|       submitter attends an Ivy League school
   :%)%      submitter has acne
   #-)       submitter partied all night
   :-*       submitter just ate a sour pickle
   :-'|      submitter has a cold
   :-R       submitter has the flu
   :-)'      submitter tends to drool
  ':-)       submitter accidentally shaved off one of his
             eyebrows this morning
   0-)       submitter wearing scuba mask
   P-)     = getting fresh
   |-)     = falling asleep
   .-)       submitter has one eye
   :=)       submitter has two noses
   :-D       submitter talks too much
   :-{)      submitter has moustache
   :-)}      submitter has goatee/beard
   :-d~      submitter smokes heavily
  Q:-)     = a new grad
   (-:     = Australian
   M:-)    = saluting
   (:  (=|   submitter is going to be a ghost for Halloween...
   =:-H      submitter plays for NFL
   (V)=|   = a pacman champion
   M-),:X),:-M  submitter sees no evil, hears no evil,
                 speaks no evil
    C):-O
    C):-O
    C):-O
    C):-O   submitter is a barbershop quartet
   >:-( is sick and tired of reading this nonsense
    ;^? was punched out for submitting sexist article
    |-O is bored by the article that you submitted
    *-) was shot for the last posting
~~\8-O  needs to fix frayed cord on terminal
    8-O has taken too many nodoz to work on thesis
   L:-) just graduated
 B-)-[< is wearing sunglasses and swimming trunk
    :-# has been punched in the mouth
    R-) has broken glasses
    . .
     |  is lying down

   |:-) has heavy eyebrows
   {:-) has new hair style
 {:-{)} has new hair style, mustache and beard
   (:-) has no hair
    :~) has ugly nose (needs nose job)
    :-E has major dental problems
   C:-) has large brain capacity
   |:-| is excessively rigid
   :-G- smokes cigarettes
   :-p~ smokes heavily
   \:-) wears a french hat
    $-) is a yuppie

"Ne vous fiez pas a la taille du grain de poivre,
goutez-le et vous verrez comme il pique !"
(proverbe arabe)

)=========================================(
Laurent   BODY
Etudiant en Pedagogie.  Universite  de Bruxelles
Telephone/Phone/Fax  : 02/731 90 81
 E-mail           : Laurent.Body _at__ ping.be              Belgique

---
NEUE E-MAIL-ADRESSE: hilberer _at__ ub.uni-duesseldorf.de
Dr. Thomas Hilberer
c/o Universitaets- und Landesbibliothek Duesseldorf
Universitaetsstr. 1, D-40 225 Duesseldorf, Germany
http://www.uni-duesseldorf.de/WWW/ulb/
http://www.uni-duesseldorf.de/WWW/ulb/virtbibl.html (Virtuelle Bibliothek)
Tel.: (0211) 81-13524; FAX: (0211) 81-13054