(Fwd) RE: Final draft international Standard ISO 690-2

Date:          Fri, 12 Sep 1997 16:50:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:          ISO TC46 SC9 <ISOTC46SC9 _at__ ABS.NLC-BNC.CA>
Subject:       RE: Final draft international Standard ISO 690-2
To:            Luise Hoffmann <HOFFMANN _at__ hbz-nrw.de>

Hier folgt eine Antwort auf die Frage von Thomas Hapke zum
Zusammenhang von ISO 690-2 und Metadaten.
Gruss,
L.Hoffmann

Dear Luise Hoffmann,
Thank you for your interest in ISO 690-2.
The delegates to ISO/TC 46/SC 9 are indeed aware of the metadata
initiatives.
As you will have noticed from the "Items of interest" section of the TC
46/SC 9 Web site, metadata is one of the subject areas that we monitor on an
on-going basis.
At the moment the metadata initiative is taking place outside the formal
standards-setting mechanisms of ISO and its member bodies.  Nonetheless if
metadata develops into a de facto standard, we will take this initiative
into account in future editions of ISO standards for documentation.

With regards,
Jane Thacker
for the ISO/TC 46/SC 9 Secretariat
National Library of Canada