TIF to PDF

Hallo Liste,

das duerfte fuer einige LeserInnen hier interessant sein, ich habe es
natuerlich mal probiert und es klappt ziemlich gut. Man gibt bis zu 20
TIF-Files von seiner Platte zum Upload zum Service an, nach dem
Umwandlungsprozess (Dauer je nach Menge 20-60 sec)bekommt man das
Dokument als pdf-File zum Download bereitgestellt.

Diese ist eine weitergeleitete Message
von: Phil_Omenski _at__ via-christi.org <Phil_Omenski _at__ via-christi.org>
an: ARIE-L _at__ LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU <ARIE-L _at__ LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU>
Subject: TIF to PDF

I just received the following information as a DOCVIEW registered user -
and it works GREAT!

Phil Omenski
Manager, Via Christi Medical Libraries
Wichita, KS

Dear Registered DocView User,
We are pleased to announce a new project we have underway
here at the National Library of Medicine.  It is a FREE,
experimental service designed especially for document delivery
libraries and their patrons. It is a web-based document conversion
service that we call the DocMorph Server.
Whether you are a library patron receiving documents sent over the
Internet by your library, or you are a librarian at the sending end,
you should find the DocMorph Server to be of interest.
Many of our DocView users have asked for new functionality,
such as the ability to convert their TIFF files to PDF.  Some
have also wanted to edit their TIFF files.  While DocView does
not have these features, the DocMorph Server provides them
right over the World Wide Web.  You do NOT need to have DocView
to take advantage of this.  All you need is a web browser,
such as Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator.
The DocMorph Server lets you change TIFF files to PDF through
the World Wide Web. In addition, the DocMorph Server also offers
document-editing functions.  These include the ability to extract
individual pages from multi-page TIFF files, and the ability
to create new TIFF files by concatenating others.
We see the DocMorph Server as helping to solve the problem of
delivering TIFF files to users of Macintosh and UNIX computers.
Since it is difficult to find a single provider of reliable, free
TIFF viewers for all the major computing platforms, a nice solution
is PDF. Because Adobe Acrobat Reader is free, and available for all
major computing platforms, PDF is a document format that makes
sense. If you are a document delivery librarian, what this means is
that you can still deliver TIFF documents, and let your patrons change
them to PDF if they desire.  With the DocMorph Server, PDF is just a
few mouse clicks away.
The good news is that the DocMorph Server is FREE, and we are inviting
you to use it as much as you wish. Although it is an experimental
system, users are finding that it is reliable and it provides them
a useful capability.
All you have to do is point your web browser to the URL for the
the DocMorph Server:
http://docmorph.nlm.nih.gov/docmorph
Try it out!  Use it as much as you like!  It's free!
Frank Walker
National Library of Medicine
Email:  walker _at__ nlm.nih.gov

schoenen Gruss,
 Edlef                            ICQ-UIN:6821818