Re: Nachschlagewerke online

Michael Mandelartz  (mandel _at__ iwate-u.ac.jp) am 27.02.00
zum Thema "Nachschlagewerke online":

> verfuegbar sind? Es geht mir weniger um eine vollstaendige Linksammlung von
> Online-Woerterbuechern als um historisch bedeutende Enzyklopaedien und auch
> Fachwoerterbuecher, soweit sie fuer die Geisteswissenschaften von Belang
> sind. Gibt es weitere lexikalische Digitalisierungsprojekte, die mir

Hallo Herr Mandelartz, hallo Liste,

die Adresse WORTBASAR _at__ FFII.ORG ist in diesem Zusammenhang eine
interessante Ressource. Man schreibt einfach eine Mail dorthin.
Betreff ist egal. Und im Text steht: ANFRAGE = <SUCHWORT>.
Als Beispiel wurde nach dem Wort TOOL gesucht.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Karl Dietz

KOMM! Redaktion
Rechbergstr. 39
73525 Schw. Gmünd
Tel. 07171/181877
http://komm.ffii.org

12 definitions found

>From Frank Richters Glossar [richter]:

  tool, Werkzeug {n}, GerAxt {n}

>From Frank Richters Glossar [richter]:

  tool, Hilfsprogramm {n}

>From Sprachwahrer-Glossar [mosler]:

  tool, Werkzeug, Hilfsmittel

>From Sprachwahrer-Glossar [denglex]:

  tool, Werkzeug

>From Sprachwahrer-Glossar [vwdsbrau]:

  tool,  Werkzeug, (Hilfs-)Mittel

>From Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913) [web1913]:

  Tool \Tool\ (t[=oo]l), v. i. [Cf. {Tool}, v. t., 2.]
     To travel in a vehicle; to ride or drive. [Colloq.]

           Boys on their bicycles tooling along the well-kept
           roads.                                   --Illust.
                                                    American.

>From Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913) [web1913]:

  Tool \Tool\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. {tooled}; p. pr. & vb. n.
     {tooling}.]
     1. To shape, form, or finish with a tool. ``Elaborately
        tooled.'' --Ld. Lytton.

     2. To drive, as a coach. [Slang, Eng.]

>From Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913) [web1913]:

  Tool \Tool\, n. [OE. tol,tool. AS. t[=o]l; akin to Icel. t[=o]l,
     Goth. taijan to do, to make, taui deed, work, and perhaps to
     E. taw to dress leather. [root]64.]
     1. An instrument such as a hammer, saw, plane, file, and the
        like, used in the manual arts, to facilitate mechanical
        operations; any instrument used by a craftsman or laborer
        at his work; an implement; as, the tools of a joiner,
        smith, shoe-maker, etc.; also, a cutter, chisel, or other
        part of an instrument or machine that dresses work.

     2. A machine for cutting or shaping materials; -- also called
        {machine tool}.

     3. Hence, any instrument of use or service.

              That angry fool . . . Whipping her horse, did with
              his smarting tool Oft whip her dainty self.
                                                    --Spenser.

     4. A weapon. [Obs.]

              Him that is aghast of every tool.     --Chaucer.

     5. A person used as an instrument by another person; -- a
        word of reproach; as, men of intrigue have their tools, by
        whose agency they accomplish their purposes.

              I was not made for a minion or a tool. --Burks.

>From WordNet (r) 1.6 [wn]:

  tool
       n 1: an implement used in the practice of a vocation
       2: the means whereby something is accomplished; "my greed was
          the instrument of my destruction" or "science has given us
          new tools to fight disease" [syn: {instrument}]
       3: a person who is used to perform unpleasant or dishonest
          tasks for someone else [syn: {creature}, {puppet}]
       4: obscene terms for penis [syn: {cock}, {prick}, {dick}, {shaft},
           {pecker}, {peter}]
       v 1: "The car was driving down the road"; "The convertible tooled
            down the street" [syn: {drive}]
       2: ride in a conveyance with no particular goal [syn: {joyride},
           {tool around}]
       3: furnish with tools
       4: work with a tool

>From U.S. Gazetteer (1990) [gazetteer]:

  Tool, TX (city, FIPS 73352)
    Location: 32.28025 N, 96.17242 W
    Population (1990): 1712 (1354 housing units)
    Area: 9.4 sq km (land), 0.0 sq km (water)

>From Jargon File (4.0.0/24 July 1996) [jargon]:

  tool 1. /n./  A program used primarily to create, manipulate,
     modify, or analyze other programs, such as a compiler or an editor
     or a cross-referencing program.  Oppose {app}, {operating
     system}.  2. [Unix] An application program with a simple,
     `transparent' (typically text-stream) interface designed
     specifically to be used in programmed combination with other tools
     (see {filter}, {plumbing}).  3. [MIT: general to students
     there] /vi./ To work; to study (connotes tedium).  The TMRC
     Dictionary defined this as "to set one's brain to the
     grindstone".  See {hack}.  4. /n./ [MIT] A student who studies
     too much and hacks too little.  (MIT's student humor magazine
     rejoices in the name "Tool and Die".)

>From The Free On-line Dictionary of Computing (15Feb98) [foldoc]:

  tool

     1. <tool> A program used primarily to create, manipulate,
     modify, or analyse other programs, such as a compiler or an
     editor or a cross-referencing program.  Opposite: {app},
     {operating system}.

     2. A {Unix} {application program} with a simple, "transparent"
     (typically text-stream) interface designed specifically to be
     used in programmed combination with other tools (see {filter},
     {plumbing}).

     3. <jargon> ({MIT}: general to students there) To work; to
     study (connotes tedium).  The {TMRC} Dictionary defined this
     as "to set one's brain to the grindstone".  See {hack}.

     4. <jargon, person> ({MIT}) A student who studies too much and
     hacks too little.  MIT's student humour magazine rejoices in
     the name "Tool and Die".

     (12 Dec 1996)

nicht ganz so erfolgreich war die suche nach "H1":

No definitions found for "h1", perhaps you mean:
richter:  he  hi
web1913:  H  Ha  he  HF  HI  Ho  Hy
wn:  1  H  HS1  M-1  V-1  HA  He  Hf  Hg  hi  hl  hm  HN  Ho
  H.P.  HQ  hr  Hz
jargon:  h
foldoc:  a1  E1  T1  X-1  hc  HP  hs  HT

---

WORTBASAR <wortbasar _at__ ffii.org>
Automatischer Netzpostbeantorter
Version 1999-12-20

Willst du nicht auch deine Glossare ins Netz stellen?
Wende dich an wortbasar-forum _at__ ffii.org oder info _at__ ffii.org!

Ich bin nur ein Automat: der Wortbasar-Anfragebeantworter.

Ich stelle Glossare ins Netz und beantworte Wortanfragen
Schicke mir im EPost-Rumpf einen Text folgender Syntax:
ANFRAGE = wort_1, wort_2, ... wort_i
PASS = <passwort>

<Ihr Glossar beginnt hier>