[InetBib] Program on "American Public Libraries" at U.S. Consulate General Frankfurt on January 20, 10am - 1pm

Dear colleagues:

Over the past years, Information Resource Center (IRC) staff of the U.S.
Consulate in Frankfurt have successfully established the concept of
"Librarians' Roundtables", bringing together American library experts with
German information professionals throughout the Rhein-Main region.

Our speakers included representatives of the New York Public Library, Harvard
University Library, Yale University Library and the Library of Congress,
covering topics like "the Role of the Library in a Community", "Fund Raising",
"QuestionPoint", "Digital Archiving/ Digital Library Projects" as well as
"Youth Outreach at American Libraries".

These roundtables offer an excellent opportunity not only to discuss
professional challenges and concerns with American experts but also to network
with German colleagues in this region.

We are very grateful for the support from institutions like Die Deutsche
Bibliothek, Frankfurt University Library, Stadtbücherei Frankfurt and
Landesbibliothekszentrum Rheinland-Pfalz that often host and co-sponsor our
events.

We are happy to announce that our first roundtable in 2006 will take place at
our "new home", the new U.S. Consulate General in Frankfurt! U.S. Embassy's
Information Resource Officer Holly Murten and Information Resource Center
Coordinator Nancy Rajczak will visit us to present an overview of American
public libraries, their programs & services, funding and administration,
focusing particularly on the role of Boards of Trustees as well as volunteers,
"Friends of the Library," and PR strategies.

After the presentation on American public libraries, representatives of the
consulate's Information Resource Center (IRC)
http://frankfurt.usconsulate.gov/frankfurt/irc.html will brief the participants
about IRC Services in the new environment, introducing new outreach initiatives
like web chats http://frankfurt.usconsulate.gov/frankfurt/web_chats.html or
educational information services
http://frankfurt.usconsulate.gov/frankfurt/meetusa.html.

More information on the program:
http://frankfurt.usconsulate.gov/frankfurt/library_workshop.html

!!! PLEASE REGISTER NO LATER THAN JANUARY 18 AT IRCFRANKFURT@xxxxxxxxx AND
PLEASE BRING YOUR PASSPORT. !!!

We hope to have raised your interest and look forward to a lively and inspiring
session - as always!

Best regards, and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

IRC Frankfurt Team
Miriam Jaster, Dr. Renate Vollmer, Nicole Fries

U.S. Consulate General - Public Affairs
Gießener Str. 30, 60435 Frankfurt
Tel: +49 (0) 69-7535-8830 , Fax: +49 (0) 69-7535-8843
Email: JasterM2@xxxxxxxxx
http://frankfurt.usconsulate.gov/

This e-mail is unclassified based on the definitions provided in E.O. 12958