[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[InetBib] Call for Papers: Joint Conference on Digital Libraries JCDL 2010
- Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 12:30:16 +0100
- From: Traugott Koch <traugott.koch@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [InetBib] Call for Papers: Joint Conference on Digital Libraries JCDL 2010
Die JCDL findet naechstes Jahr gemeinsam mit der International
Conference on Asia-Pacific Digital Libraries (ICADL 2010) in Australien
statt. Die CfP's sind aber getrennt und unterschiedlich. Workshops,
Tutorien, Keynotes und soziale Veranstaltungen finden gemeinsam statt.
Call for Papers
Joint Conference on Digital Libraries JCDL 2010
June 21-25, 2010 Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia.
Sponsored by ACM SIGIR, ACM SIGWEB, ASIS&T, and IEEE-CS TCDL
The ACM/IEEE-CS Joint Conference on Digital Libraries (JCDL) is the
major international research forum focused on digital libraries and
associated technical, practical, and social issues. JCDL encompasses the
many meanings of the term "digital libraries", including (but not
limited to) new forms of information institutions; operational
information systems with all manner of digital content; new means of
selecting, collecting, organizing, distributing, and evaluating digital
content; and theoretical models of information media, including document
genres and electronic publishing. Digital libraries are
distinguished from information retrieval systems because they include
more types of media, provide additional functionality and services, and
include other stages of the information life cycle, from
creation through use. Digital libraries can also be viewed as an
extension of the services libraries currently provide.
The theme of JCL 2010 is “Digital Libraries – 10 years past, 10 years
forward, a 2020 vision”. This theme reflects the fact that the context
in which digital libraries were originally conceived has
significantly changed in the context of new information models embodied
in Web 2.0 and popular social networking applications. In this spirit,
we are especially interested in papers that address and
demonstrate new models of collaborative, participatory information
interaction increasingly ubiquitous in the Web 2.0 context.
JCDL 2010 invites submissions of papers and proposals for posters,
demonstrations, tutorials, and workshops that will make the conference
an exciting and creative event to attend. As always, the
conference welcomes contributions from all the fields that intersect to
enable Digital Libraries. Topics include, but are not limited to:
· Collaborative and participatory information environments
· Cyberinfrastructure architectures, applications, and deployments
· Data mining/extraction of structure from networked information
· Digital library and Web Science curriculum development
· Evaluation of online information environments
· Impact and evaluation of digital information in education
· Information policy and copyright law
· Personal digital information management
· Retrieval and browsing
· Social networks and networked information
· Social-technical perspectives of digital information
· Studies of human factors in networked information
· Systems, algorithms, and models for data preservation
· Theoretical models of information interaction and organization
· Visualization of large-scale information environments
· All papers are due Monday, January 25, 2010 at 5 PM EST.
· Demonstration submissions are due Monday, February 1, 2010 at
5 PM EST.
· Tutorial proposals are due Monday, February 1, 2010 at 5 PM EST.
· Poster submissions are due Monday, February 8, 2010 at 5 PM EST.
· Workshop proposals are due Monday, February 15, 2010 at 5 PM EST.
· Notification of acceptance to authors by March 15, 2010.
· Doctoral consortium abstracts are due Wednesday, March 31, 2010.
Submission and Formatting Instructions are available at:
Mit freundlichen Gruessen,
Max Planck Digital Library, Invalidenstr. 35, D-101 15 Berlin, Germany
Tel: +49 30-288867789
Listeninformationen unter http://www.inetbib.de.