Theme:  21st Century Literacies in Public Libraries
Date: 10-11 August 2016
Venue: The Free Library of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Web site: https://plsphiladelphia.wordpress.com/

Conference theme and focus
For many years literacy has been core to the provision of public library
services but as the world in which we live has changed, so has the concept of
literacy. It has expanded from the traditionally understood definition as 'the
ability to read and write' to encompass proficiency in a range of other fields.
We now talk about civic, health, financial, digital, and information literacy
(to name but a few).

What role does the public library have in developing and delivering these
services? This is the question we will address through our exciting program
which will comprise a combination of keynote speakers and targeted papers  We
are seeking innovative examples of wide-ranging literacy initiatives in public
libraries with transferrable outcomes.

Over the two days of the meeting delegates will have the opportunity to spend
time with colleagues and to share and learn from others' experiences. The
expected audience is likely to include public library staff, cultural workers,
students and scholars, other professionals working in the information industry
and government representatives.

Further information is available
here<http://2016.ifla.org/cfp-calls/public-libraries-section>

[ifla-banner_728x90b]

Public Libraries Section - 2015 winner of the IFLA Professional Unit
Communication Award