[InetBib] Research Associate (Doctoral candidate) (f/m) in the field of Information Extraction/ Information Filtering

GESIS - Leibniz-Institute for the Social Sciences is the largest infrastructure
institution for the Social Sciences in Germany. With more than 300 employees in
two locations (Mannheim and Cologne) GESIS render substantial, nationally and
internationally relevant research-based infrastructure services.
The GESIS department "Knowledge Technologies for the Social Sciences" (WTS) is
focused on advancing and improving digital services for the Social Sciences on
the basis of novel knowledge technologies. To ensure a high quality of GESIS
services WTS is carrying out research in applied Computer Science, in
particular in the fields Web Science, Semantic Web, Linked Open Data and
Information Retrieval.

In the DFG-funded project "Extraction of Citations from PDF Documents (EXCITE)"
we develop together with our project partner the WeST institute at University
Koblenz-Landau a platform to extract literature references from full texts and
further process this data into linked data.

For the department WTS at our location in Cologne, we are looking for a
Research Associate (Doctoral candidate) (f/m)
in the field of Information Extraction/ Information Filtering
(salary group TV-L EG 13, 100%, limited to 24 month)

starting on September 1, 2016.

Details about the job are here:

<http://www.gesis.org/das-institut/stellenangebote/stellendetails/?tx_news_pi1%5Bnews%5D=2248&tx_news_pi1%5Bcontroller%5D=News&tx_news_pi1%5Baction%5D=detail&cHash=294023231ffdd8d7a644c8e01a74d480>

--
Dr. Philipp Mayr
Team Leader

GESIS - Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences
Unter Sachsenhausen 6-8,  D-50667 Köln, Germany
Tel: + 49 (0) 221 / 476 94 -533
Email: philipp.mayr@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:philipp.mayr@xxxxxxxxx>
Web: http://www.gesis.org

Become a sowiport user! Register here: