[InetBib] Webinar - Change Management in Academic Libraries

Liebe Kolleginnen und Kollegen, sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,

die IFLA Sektion Academic and Research Libraries wird im Laufe des Jahres zum
ersten Mal durch Webinare die wichtigsten Themen, die wissenschaftliche
Bibliotheken zurzeit weltweit beschäftigen, einer breiteren Öffentlichkeit
zugänglich machen.
Nähere Informationen zum ersten Webinar finden Sie unten. PUBLISSO wird am 14.
Mai das zweite Webinar mit einer Einführung zu Open Access (auf Englisch)
gestalten.

Viele Grüße

Ursula Arning

Dr. Ursula Arning
PUBLISSO/Leitung
Open Access – dLZA – Forschungsdaten
ZB MED – Informationszentrum Lebenswissenschaften
Gleueler Str. 60
50931 Köln

Auf www.publisso.de<http://www.publisso.de/> erfahren Sie alles über Open
Access, Open Data und wie Sie selber Open Access publizieren können.

IFLA ARL SC members,

We’re excited for the launch of our new webinar series.  Our first session is
coming up on April 12th per the below and as posted on our
website<https://www.ifla.org/node/92059?og=43>.  Note that we have now added a
registration form to the session, so that we can track planned attendance.  If
you have been planning on attending, please follow the link below and register
yourself.  Also, please distribute the message below to your local networks
once again, so we can get the word out.

Thanks,
Mimi

The Future is a Moving Goal Post: Change Management in Academic Libraries

IFLA ARL Webinar Series
This session is the first in a series of presentations on topics relevant to
Academic & Research Libraries.

Presenter:  Gulcin Cribb, University Librarian, Singapore Management University
Date & Time:  Apr 12, 2019 4:00 PM Singapore

Register in advance for this meeting:
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/14ccfc9042b6bc2766858a512be5123a

Abstract:
Libraries and librarians have been going through major changes in recent times.
Advocacy, marketing, promotion, communication, outreach, engagement,
innovation, creation and demonstration of value for the stakeholders have never
been more critical and urgent.
What are the reasons and drivers for change? How do libraries approach, plan,
implement, and evaluate change and align themselves to their parent
institutions? What types of communication with stakeholders (both external and
internal) do we plan and use regarding change? What kind of leadership is
needed for ‘change’ initiatives? How do we make sure that our talent pool
possesses the skills, competencies and the culture to take ownership of these
initiatives and implement the changes in a sustainable way? How do we inspire
engagement, nurture thought leadership and advocacy, so that continuous change
is owned and embedded, alongside agility and relevance to the current
priorities of our parent institutions?
The presentation will address the above by focusing on what value the Library
adds to its parent institution’s strategic vision using Singapore Management
University as a case study. Areas of focus will be on learning spaces, the
continuum of physical and virtual services/experiences, change management,
communication strategies, staff development and strategic alliances.

Presenter Bio:
Gulcin Cribb is the University Librarian at Singapore Management University and
has held that position since 2012. Prior to that, she was the Founding Director
of Libraries at Ozyegin University in Istanbul, Turkey, from 2008 to 2011. Her
previous roles include Director of Information Services (responsible for both
Library and IT) at Bond University (2001-2008), and Executive Manager of
Physical Sciences & Engineering Library (1996-2001) and Manager of Library
Multimedia Services (1986-1996) at the University of Queensland in Australia
Gulcin’s roles has extensive experience in the areas of research support,
publishing, digitisation, technology management, strategic management,
innovation, learning spaces, information literacy, library-faculty-industry
partnerships, marketing and virtual libraries. Gulcin has been involved in a
number of ‘change management’ and space renovation initiatives in libraries in
Australia, Turkey and Singapore. Gulcin was previously a member of the IFLA
Standing Committee for Academic and Research Libraries. She was listed in
‘Who’s Who of Australian Women - Leadership and Beyond, 2007 -2017.

This session is the first in a series of presentations on topics relevant to
Academic & Research Libraries.  Look out for our next session, when Ursula
Arning and Jasmin Schmitz will present an Introduction to Open Access.

____________
Mimi Calter
Deputy University Librarian
Stanford Libraries