[InetBib] 2021 IIIF Annual Conference - Call for Proposals

Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,

im Auftrag des Programmkomitees der IIIF-Jahreskonferenz 2021 leite ich die
folgende Nachricht weiter.

----

Dear colleagues,

We are now accepting proposals for the 2021 International Image
Interoperability Framework (IIIF) Annual
Conference<https://iiif.io/event/2021/annual_conference/>, taking place June
22-24 online. The due date for submissions is April 2nd. Further details
regarding submissions, including requirements, resources for finding
collaborators, and a submission form, can be found on our site:
https://iiif.io/news/2021/03/03/CFP/

The Program Committee is looking for proposals in the following forms:
• 1 to 2 hour regional meetings/showcases (this is a new proposal option for
2021, details on what these may entail
here<https://docs.google.com/document/d/13XPk_sOeL7N6hn-NM8-5hOWYI3hqnOJ6YIkIxxAes3U/edit?usp=sharing>)
• 6 minute pre-recorded lightning talks
• 15 minute presentations, plus 5 minutes for questions for a total of 20
minutes
• 1 to 1.5 hour open blocks (could be a panel session or series of
presentations grouped around a theme)

We encourage showcasing developments in IIIF and are especially interested in
developments in the following areas:
• Experiences implementing version 3.0 of the Image and Presentation APIs
• IIIF Audio/Visual use cases and implementations
• IIIF and STEM resources
• National efforts which include a IIIF component
• The IIIF implementation spectrum: large-scale or small-scale projects
• Interoperability in IIIF contexts and beyond
• Teaching and learning examples and best practices using IIIF resources
• Implementations of IIIF outside of North America/Europe
• Annotation, including full-text or academic use cases
• Discovering IIIF resources
• IIIF communities (3D, archives, museums, etc.)
• Linked Open “Usable” Data (LOUD) and IIIF
• Using IIIF material for Machine Learning and AI

Please reach out to us at events@xxxxxxx<mailto:events@xxxxxxx> with any
questions.
Best wishes,

----

Julien A. Raemy · Assistant and PhD Candidate in Digital Humanities ·
https://orcid.org/0000-0002-4711-5759

University of Basel · Digital Humanities Lab<https://dhlab.philhist.unibas.ch/>
· Bernoullistrasse 32 · CH-4056 Basel · Switzerland