Convergence in the Digital Age (fwd)

Liebe KollegInnen,
die folgende ankuendigung gebe ich gerne an sie weiter:

> SEMINAR
> Convergence in the Digital Age:
> Challenges for Libraries, Museums and Archives
> Thursday 13 and Friday 14 August 1998
>
> ROYAL NETHERLANDS ACADEMY OF ARTS AND SCIENCES
> Kloveniersburgwal 29,  Amsterdam Centre
> routing map on URL: http://www.knaw.nl/uksite/uk_reac.htm
> A form for making reservations is at: http://www.w-projects.net/ifla
>
> 		PROGRAMME
> Thursday 13 August
> 	  9:00 - 10:00	Registration and coffee
>
> 			Opening and Welcome
> 	10:00 - 10:10 	Welcome by Mr. J. Dekker, Chairman of the Board of TNO,
>  			Netherlands
>
> 	Session I 	The organisation of knowledge in a digital environment
> 10:15 - 10:25 	Introduction by Mrs. R.M. Montserrat, Head of the Section
of Documentation and Protection of Cultural Heritage (Museums Service of
Department of Culture - Generalitat of Catalonia, Spain)
> 10:25 - 10:55  	Presentation by Mr. B. Rugaas, National Librarian of
Norway
> 11:00 - 11:15 	Project Elise II, by Mrs. S. Goddard, De Montfort  >
University,  United Kingdom
> 11:20 - 11:35 	Project Universe by Mrs. A. Kelly, An Chomhairle >
Leabharlanna, Ireland
> 11:40 - 11:55 	Library of Congress national Digital Library: A Unique
>  Public/Private Partnership by Mrs. L. Campbell, Library of Congress, U.S.A.
> 12:00 - 12:30 	Questions and Answers
>
> 12:30 - 14:00	Lunch
>

> Session II 	The Citizens' access to the digital heritage
> 14:00 - 14:10 	Introduction by Mrs. S. Tyacke, Public Record Office,
United
>  Kingdom
> 14:15 - 14:45 	Some fundamental principles of the knowledge and
information. organisation for the purpose of improving the Citizen's Access to
the Digitised Heritage
> 	by Dr. Tatjana Aparac and Mrs. Mirna Willer, University of Zagreb,
> 	Faculty of Philosophy
> 14:45 - 15:00 	An art historical information system for museum
professionals in an archival context, built using library expertise
> by Mr. J. van der Starre, Rijksbureau voor Kunsthistorische Informatie,
Nederland
> 15:00 - 15:15 	Danish Audio History/Cultural Network Denmark
> 	 by Mrs. E. Fønss Jørgensen, State and University Library, Aarhus,
Denmark
> 15:15 - 15:30 	Project Kulturbox by Mr. I. Braun, Kulturbox, Germany
> 15:30 - 16:00	Questions and Answers
>

> Friday 14 August
>
> 	Session III 	The future of the digital present
> 	  9:00 - 9:10 	Introduction by Mrs. M. Sliwinska of the Nicolaus
Copernicus University in Torun, Poland
> 	  9:10 - 9:40	Memory and Digital Technology Convergence: an Archives
>  Perspective on Long-Term Access
> 		by Prof. Ch. Dollar, of the School of Library, Archival and
Information Studies at the  University of British Columbia
> 	  9:45 - 10.00	Project NedLib by Mr. J. Steenbakkers, Royal Library,
>  Netherlands
> 	10:05 - 10:20	El Sistema Informatico del Archivo General de Indias
> 		by Mrs. E. Carolina de Santos Canalejo, Ministerio de Educación y
Cultura,
>  España
> 	10:25 - 10:40	Memory of the World: VOC archives by Mrs. D. Sy-A-Foek,
>  National
> 		Unesco Commission, Netherlands
> 	10:45 - 11:00	Questions and Answers
>

> 	Session IV	Converging technologies and standards for digital
collections
> 	11:15 - 11:25 	Introduction  by Mr. B. Royan, Chair IFLA IT Section,
United
>  Kingdom
> 	11:25 - 11:55  	Presentation by Mrs. C. Lupovici, Jouves Systèmes
>  d'Information, France
> 	11:55 - 12:10 	One and One2, European network projects: results,
experiences
>  and plans
> 		by Mrs. L.A. Holm, Brodd Oslo College, Norway
> 	12:10 - 12:25 	Presentation on Metadata by Mr. M. Dekkers of the
European
>  Commission
> 	12:25 - 12:40 	Rethinking Library Standards by Mr. T. Kuny, IFLA's UDT
Core
>  programme
> 	12:40 - 13:00 	Questions and Answers
>
> 	13:00 - 14:00 	Lunch
>
> Session V 	New services in their legal context
> 14:00 - 14:30  	Future models for Co-operation between Libraries and
>  Publishers
> 	by Prof. J. Bing
> 14:30 - 14:50 	European Copyright User Platform (ECUP+) by Mrs E.
Giavarra,
>  Project Director
> ECUP+, The Netherlands
> 14:50 - 15.10 	Questions and Answers
>

> 	Session VI 	Strategic issues in R & TD, closing of the seminar
> 	15:15 - 15:25 	Introduction by Mr. J. van de Walle, TNO-STB, Netherlands
> 	15:25 - 15:55 	Presentation by Mrs. A. Iljon of the European Commission,
>  DGXIII/E
> 	15:55 - 16:25	Panel discussion
> 	16:25 - 16:55	Digital Information in Africa: a challenge for Research
and
>  Development
> 		by Mrs. C. Allardice of the South African Library
> 	16:55 - 17:05	Closing of the seminar by Mr. J. van de Walle, TNO-STB,
>  Netherlands
>

> 	17:05 - 18:30	Cocktails
>

> Convergence in the Digital Age:
> Challenges for Libraries, Museums and Archives
> Organising committee:
>
> Ms. Concha Fernández de la Puente, European Commission DGXIII/E-4	>
Luxembourg

> Prof. Dr. Eric Ketelaar, Professor of Archival Science at the Universities of
> Leyden and Amsterdam	The Netherlands
>
> Dr. Christian Lupovici,  Member of the IFLA Section on Information Technology
>  and librarian of the University of Marne-la-Vallée, France
>
> Dr. Maria Vittoria Marini Clarelli,  Ministero per i Beni Culturali e
> Ambientali, Italy
>
> Mr. B. Rugaas,  National Librarian, National Library of Norway, Norway
>
> Dr. Juan Zozaya,  Subdirector of the Museo Arqueológico Nacional, Spain
>
> Mr. Johan van de Walle Secretary of the National Focal Point for the
> Telematics for Libraries programme in The Netherlands, The Netherlands
>
> A form for making reservations is at: http://www.w-projects.net/ifla
>
> Further contact:
> Johan van de Walle
> TNO-STB
> Schoemakerstraat 97,  P.O. Box 6030
> 2600 JA Delft,  The Netherlands
> Phone +31 15 269 5455
> Fax + 31 15 269 54 60
> vandewalle _at__ stb.tno.nl or jvdwalle _at__ bart.nl

mfg   H.M.
--
Heinz Marloth   Seehofstraße 15   D-60594  Frankfurt, Germany
Tel.  069 - 61 23 94              eMail:  marloth _at__ t-online.de