Invitation to the EUNIS 2001 conference

Dear Colleagues,

we kindly invite you to participate in the

EUNIS 2001 Conference

"The Changing Universities - The Role of Technology"

from March, 28 until March, 30 2001
in Berlin, Germany.

The preliminary programme is available now via the EUNIS 2001 website at:
http://www.hu-berlin.de/EUNIS2001.

This three-days conference in Berlin will provide exciting opportunities for
us to focus on shaping the nature of teaching and learning, research, service, and
administration through the management and use of computers, networks and information resources.
According to the manifold  interests the program we have assembled has a broad scope. It
also offers an abundance of expertise to find resources for the professional needs of the
members of the academic community.

Highlights of our programme  are:
-  Plenary speakers providing insights from higher education, national
   governmentand private companies. They also contribute their  experience and
   understanding of some major areas concerning higher education
-  The opening the EUNIS-Academy with five pre-conference seminars, thus
   keeping up with current professional trends
-  5 scientific tracks and a poster session containing more then 120
   presentations from scientists from more then 20 European countries
-  More then 15 corporate presentations and exhibition booths providing  a
   wealth of information about commercially available products and services
-  Many opportunities for informal discussion at the welcome receptions and
   evening events
-  Competition and fun at a game of simultaneous chess with
   Mr  Alexander Khalifman, World Champion of Chess 1999

The Conference will take place at one of the most well known German
universities:
Humboldt-University at Berlin
Unter den Linden 6
10099 Berlin
Germany

To benefit from the early registration bonus, please register for the
conference right now and use the Website
http://www.hu-berlin.de/EUNIS2001/nav/registrationfr.html
The early registration fee of EURO 225.- is available until February,26.
After February, 26 the fee will be EURO 275.-.

We hope you will take part at this conference and find new ideas, friends,
and sources for professional development  and that EUNIS 2001 will be a forum
for all of us to shape and define our agenda for the 21st century.

Prof. Dr. Jan Knop                              Dr. Peter Schirmbacher
Chair of the                                         Chair of the
Program Committee                            Organisation Committee