Re: Request ALLEGRO advanced courses

On 20 Jul 04, at 12:37, Dina Banna uni-mainz wrote:

> 1- We would be  interested to attend an advanced course of ALLEGRO, I would
> appreciate your kindness informing us if there are  some courses to learn
> cataloguing in ALLEGRO or make a kind of internship in a University learn
> more about this program.
There's a tutorial in a plain text format, comprising 37 easy lessons:
      http://www.allegro-c.de/fb/
The text is German.

> 2- Where could we find the (# ) used in ALLEGRO compared to MAB format, ?
> (e.g. ALLEGRO # 39 = MAB 359 = Verfasserangabe) where to find all categories
> nrs.

You may want to look at this MAB table,
   http://www.allegro-c.de/formate/mab.htm
or, if you have an allegro field number and wonder what the corresponding MAB
number might be, enter this:

http://www.biblio.tu-bs.de/db/formate/page.php?urG=ALG&urS=

but add the number at the end!
The correspondence between both is, however, not 1:1 - just as between MAB und
MARC and everything else.

Good luck.

B.E.

Bernhard Eversberg
Universitaetsbibliothek, Postf. 3329,
D-38023 Braunschweig, Germany
Tel.  +49 531 391-5026 , -5011 , FAX  -5836
e-mail  B.Eversberg@xxxxxxxx